Jurassic Garden’s Special Cycad Fertilizer
Rates and Instructions
1. Ideal application time of day is when temperatures are coolest and sun is less direct, either in the morning or the early evening.
2. We suggest you fertilize 3 times per year, applying fertilizer during March-May (depending on how sooh your soil warms), July, and early September.
3. Remove any weeds or other materials that will need removal prior to fertilizing.
4. Spread fertilizer around base of plant, starting 1” from the edge of the caudex (trunk), and extending outward by a margin roughly equivalent to the
diameter of the caudex itself. So, for a 5” caudex plant, spread the fertilizer in a 5” wide ring around the caudex, starting about 1” away from the
caudex. Do not apply fertilizer on, or in the caudex itself.
5. Water fertilizer in thoroughly and promptly, using a fine shower-type hose nozzle. Do not spade or rake the fertilizer into the soil.
6. Sit back and watch your plants grow!